270 S. Northlake Blvd. Suite 1000, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Contact Us Today: +1.407.331.5921
DON'T REPEAT PASSWORDS BETWEEN ACCOUNTS
- Do not use the same password for work and personal activities.
- That will mean if someone guesses one, they can access everything you have.
DON'T SET YOUR PASSWORD TO SOMETHING TOO EASY TO GUESS
Strong passwords should include the following best practices;
- Should not be left blank.
- Must be at least eight characters in length.
- Must contain a character from three of the following four character sets: -
- Lower case characters (e.g. a to z)
- Upper case characters (e.g. A to Z)
- Numeric digits (e.g. 0 to 9)
- Character symbols (e.g. + = ( ) & % ! ? > <)
Should've, Could've, Would've
Used a Better Password!
USE SITES WITH TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION
- When possible, having this option means you need an additional code to log in with your password. This will help stop hackers from using your information.
KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION OUT
The 10 worst password ideas as revealed by Google:
- Pet names
- A notable date, such as a wedding anniversary
- A family member’s birthday
- Your child’s name
- Another family member’s name
- Your birthplace
- A favorite holiday
- Something related to your favorite sports team
- The name of a significant other
- The word “Password”
We would like to remind everyone of our holiday hours our office will be closed:
Thanksgiving Day, November 24 and Friday, November 25
CHANGE YOUR PASSWORDS OFTEN
- The longer you have a given password, the more likely it will be compromised at some point.
- Do not re-use the same password when asked to change your password.
47% OF PEOPLE USE PASSWORDS OLDER THAN FIVE YEARS
- Many programs and websites no longer allow you to use your previous password.