270 S. Northlake Blvd. Suite 1000, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Contact Us Today: +1.407.331.5921
Blacklisted: Where You Never Want to End Up
So What Is A Blacklist?
Blacklist is a generic name for a list of e-mail addresses that are or could be considered spam. The list is meant to protect companies from spam. If your e-mail address is associated with a blacklist, other e-mail addresses (your recipients) will reject your
e-mails. ALL your e-mails and your companies e-mails.
Dim The Screen Brightness
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > drag the slider to the right or left.
- If your iOS device has an ambient-light sensor, you'll see an Auto-Brightness setting under the slider.
- Go to Settings > Display > Brightness > Mark the box for Automatic brightness to let your device adjust the display brightness using its sensors.
- To manually adjust the brightness > drag the slider to the right or left.
Sending bulk e-mail, e-mail newsletters, hosting discussion lists, and anything that results in "messages to a lot of people at once" is something that requires a lot of special consideration.
We encourage you to take the time to think it through and do it right.
Both you, and your recipients, will benefit.
Keep The Screen Timeout Short
- Go to Settings > General > Auto-lock > Select a timeout option.
- Go to Settings > Display > Screen timeout > Select a timeout option.
How Can Your E-mail Get Blacklisted?
- Sending ‘bulk e-mail’ or ‘mass e-mail’ (e-mails with more than 15 recipients)
- Be mindful of how many e-mails you send in an hour, less than 30 is optimal.
- Your e-mail could become listed on such a service if it has ever been guilty of sending out spam or e-mail that looks spam-like enough to fool these filters.
A sudden surge in e-mail sending volume indicates possible spammer behavior.
Getting Removed From Blacklists
- Getting unlisted from a blacklist can be challenging and sometimes difficult.
- Unblocking your e-mail address and your company's e-mail addresses can take from a few hours to up to a week to complete.
If you are a serial offender, you will find delisting becomes increasingly difficult, if not impossible.
- The mass e-mail problem is why we have maximum send limits in business.
Kappa recommends no more than 15 recipients per e-mail.
- Kappa recommends no more than 30 e-mails per hour.
- We also recommend using your personal e-mail address for personal e-mails.
- Use your personal e-mail address when signing up for non-business related e-mails (coupons, discounts and sweepstakes).
Blacklists can frequently mistake legitimate senders as spammers due to their e-mail sending habits.
Use Third-Party E-mail Service Providers
- If you need to send bulk e-mail like special announcements or newsletters, use a third party e-mail service provider. They’re easy to use, inexpensive, and you can make them look great. (You’re reading an e-mail sent by one right now!)
There's a long list of e-mail marketing services available and most operate at relatively low prices, with packages to fit every business size and need.